"We were taking too long to make bad decisions that fortunately we never could implement."
-- partner in a Walker Clark client law firm in South America
Consider these six questions about your partners and your firm:
- Has it been more than five years since you last reviewed your partnership agreement?
- Has the number of partners in your firm changed by more than 20%?
- Are any of your partners over 60 years old?
- Are you considering a merger with or an acquisition of another law firm?
- Are you trying to implement a new strategic plan?
- Does it seem harder to make and implement decisions than it did five years ago?
If your answer to any of these questions is yes, this could be a good time for a Walker Clark Governance Review. This service, which typically takes 45-60 days, has three parts:
- a comprehensive diagnostic of your current governance and decision-making structures, policies, procedures, and actual practices
- recommendations of improvements that will produce the best measurable results for a reasonable investment of partner time, attention, and resources
- recommended improvements in your firm's partnership agreement or operating agreement to document the changes and provide guidance for the future
Contact us to discuss how a Walker Clark Governance Review can produce better decision making and implementation in your firm and allow you and your partners to spend more time practicing law and earning fees.